*CONTEST* CRIMINAL MINDS TRIVIA CHALLENGE 3!
Calling all FunSubs! It’s time once again to don your fandom thinking caps and google your way to victory over your fellow fans! Bragging rights and cool swag abound for the champion, or should I say champions? This year, like last, there will be two winners chosen from the correct entries, and we have some amazing prizes to divvy up between the both of you. Check it out!
The lovely Kristin models this rare cap from season 11, signed by none other than Joe Mantegna and Paget Brewster!
Here we have Kristin protected, as you will soon be, from the sun and the rain thanks to the coolest umbrella ever!
L@@K at this ACTUAL signed script of season 11’s fan-favorite episode Entropy written by Breen Frazier and guest starring Aubrey Plaza as UnSub Cat Adams! Breen was kind enough to autograph it himself, and he included a mystery message inside to the winner. Signatures from the formidable women of the cast AJ Cook, Paget Brewster, Aisha Tyler and Kirsten Vangsness also emblazon this one of a kind prize!
WOW! Here we have a unique light gray season 12 polo crew shirt, a shopping bag stamped with the Criminal Minds logo, and the famous CM rotating blonde wood cutting board, with a selection of lovely cheese knives included!
BUT WAIT THAT’S NOT ALL! The amazing Amanda, who resides in England, has generously agreed to meticulously cross-stitch a work of art of one of our BAU heroes. It’s a work in progress, and will be available to one lucky winner after the contest is over. Here’s a preview of her progress so far… can you guess which SSA she’s stitching?
Isn’t it beautiful? OKAY ARE YOU READY, CRIMINAL MINDS FANS? WHEELS UP!
1. In season one’s Riding the Lightning, written by Simon Mirren, what did the bouquet of twelve roses represent in Sarah Jean’s painting? Name the actor who played Sarah Jean. Her husband, Jacob Dawes, victims. Jeannetta Arnette.
2. In the season two episode Lessons Learned, written by Jim Clemente, what was the exact Emerson quote spoken by Gideon? Ralph Waldo Emerson said: “In order to learn the important lessons in life, one must each day surmount a fear.”
3. Name the two episodes where Jayne Atkinson as Section Chief Erin Strauss makes her first, and her last, appearance. No Way Out 2: The Evilution of Frank, and 200, in flashbacks.
4. In Lo-Fi, the third season finale written by Chris Mundy, SSA Kate Joyner calls in the BAU to consult on a joint FBI-NYPD task force investigating 5 successive murders. Where does Hotch know Kate from, and in what capacity did they work together? Scotland Yard. They had previously “liaised” on a case, which Emily gleefully relays to JJ when she remarks on Kate’s startling resemblance to Haley.
5. Season four’s Amplification written by Oanh Ly dealt with an anthrax attack, to which Reid nearly succumbs. Name the actor who played General Whitworth, who assisted in the UnSub takedown. What other series that ran from 1988-1993 is the actor most famous for, playing a family patriarch? Dan Lauria, The Wonder Years.
6. Who is JJ speaking with here? Dr. Linda Kimura.
7. In season five’s The Uncanny Valley written by Breen Frazier, what was the focus of Dr. Arthur Malcolm’s Ph.D? How is Reid singlehandedly able to subdue the UnSub? The effects of trauma on pre-pubescent girls. He gently talks to her about her past, and gives her back the dolls her father took away.
8. Season six brings us Coda, written by Rick Dunkle. Sammy tried to communicate with Rossi and Reid using special symbols. What were the main three symbols Sammy drew? An “L” shape, signifying 3 o’clock, anchors, like on Reid’s socks, and the tread shape on Rossi’s shoe.
9. In True Genius, season seven, written by Sharon Lee Watson, what type of numerical code is used to decorate Garcia’s homemade cake for Spencer’s surprise birthday party? Binary code.
10. What did Paget say are her hopes for Emily, and where does she want to see her in 10 years? “My hopes for Emily are the same as my hopes for myself: to continue to work hard in this job, to do my very best even when it hurts physically or emotionally, to care for my co-workers and our fans, and enjoy my loved ones no matter what challenges the future holds.”
11. In season eight’s The Lesson, written by Janine Sherman-Barrois, what was the name of the song played on the glockenspiel during the grisly marionette ballet? What band originally made it popular? “Where’s My Mind?” by The Pixies.
12. In Gabby, a season nine offering written by Jim Clemente and Erica Messer, who played the male kidnapper? Jim Clemente.
13. How many episodes has Brian Appel, as SA Grant Anderson, appeared? In what episode was his character’s first name revealed? 17 episodes. His first name was revealed in 200.
14. In season ten, Breen Frazier wrote and Matthew Gray Gubler directed the episode Mr. Scratch. What two drugs did Reid mention were used to induce Hotch’s hallucination? Sevoflurane and Scopolamine.
15. Erica Messer and Kirsten Vangsness wrote A Beautiful Disaster in season eleven. In it, JJ breaks protocol by going to Morgan with a clue she found. What does it say on the piece of paper she gives to Derek? “How does it feel? Do you see red? I see red.”
16. Dylan Hay-Chapman, graphic designer for Criminal Minds, says he’s inspired by… what? Realism, verisimilitude (as long as you had “realism”, I didn’t count off if you didn’t put the second word).
17. Season 12 has been a roller coaster ride so far, and we’re not done yet. True or False: in Collision Course, written by Stephanie SenGupta, the FBI lends its full support in defending Spencer from the accusations against him. False, unfortunately.
18. What episode did Adam Rodriguez as SSA Luke Alvez join the BAU? Episode 12×01, The Crimson King.
And finally, our bonus question – Is Gube godfather to AJ’s son Mekhai in real life?* Answered, short and sweet, by AJ herself via text: “He is not.”
Send your completed entry to email@example.com by 11:59pm CT, April 6, the deadline to submit answers. One entry per person, but you can send in corrected versions if you get it in by that time. Winners will be chosen by random selection from all correct entries submitted, and announced on or before April 13, 2017. Winners from previous years cannot enter this year.
ETA: I urge all players to double-check their answers! I’m seeing a lot of people getting just ONE wrong answer (not the same one), and that’s enough to take them out of the running. Breaks my heart! Please everyone – CHECK YOUR SUBMISSIONS CAREFULLY – you still have 4 days to get it in!
*The bonus question is informational and won’t be counted against anyone if they put the wrong answer. Trivia Challenge is open to any fans worldwide, but you’ll have to pay the shipping and insurance on the prizes if you live outside the US.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO PLAY!!
DRUMROLL PLEASE!! **WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS WINNERS**
PHEW! You people are good! After wading through the tons of entries and separating all the correct submissions, I am pleased to announce our two illustrious TRIVIA CHAMPIONS!
For the Criminal Minds polo shirt, the Criminal Minds logo cheese board and knives, the CM shopping bag, and the CM hat autographed by none other than our Unit Chief Paget, and BAU founder Joe – the winner is ZACHARY WALKOVER!
For the Entropy script signed by Breen himself and autographed by all of the formidable women of the cast, The CM umbrella, and the meticulously handmade cross stitched artwork of our beloved Dr. Spencer Reid – the winner is KARI RING!
Congratulations to the both of you! Send me your addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send out your prizes! Woo-Hooooo!
HEY! THE WINNERS RECEIVED THEIR PRIZES AND HERE THEY ARE! ZAC AND KARI, YOU ARE THE PROUD WINNERS OF RARE CM MEMORABILIA! CONGRATS AGAIN!